iPad torn between buying now or black friday

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iAppleONE, Nov 1, 2013.

1. iAppleONE macrumors member

Any suggestions? Black friday will also be closer to retina mini release. I'm really tempted to just go out and do an impulsive purchase. Decisions decisions...

2. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

Last year I got my son's 32GB iPad 4 at Target on Black Friday. They were offering a $50 gift card plus I got 5% savings using my Red Card so I saved about $80. It was a Christmas gift so there wasn't an urgency to get it on release day. Of course, you have to fight the crowds and they may not have what you want in terms of carrier, storage, color in stock and available. I personally hate Black Friday crowds and only did it because I have a Target 5 minutes away that's easy in and out of the parking lot.

Just ordered iPad Air for myself this AM because a) I'm impatient :eek: and b) I doubt Target will have a silver Verizon 64GB available on Black Friday anyway.

3. EedyBeedyBeeps macrumors newbie

EedyBeedyBeeps

If you buy an iPad Air now--while the delivery date is still 11/4--"simply" return it within 14 days of receiving it if it doesn't work out. Then wait a few more days until the Mini can be ordered.

4. kingoftherolex macrumors member

I was gonna wait until Black Friday but decided against it for two reasons:
    1) I decided waiting almost a month to save $50 wasn't worth it because that's essentially 1/12 of the cost and I'd be waiting 1/12 of the time between now and the next release
    2) if I order online through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal I can get 3pts back on it, so it's like I'm getting 3% off. Which is close enough :p

5. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Wait for the iPad mini if that's what you want. Otherwise, get the Air and buy now. Unless you're on an extreme budget and the small discount/gift card on Black Friday would really help you.