Torn between Discovery 925 and Jawbone 2!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Vandam500, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

My girlfriend wants to buy me a bluetooth headset for my birthday since the one I use now is pretty random (works sometimes great and other times stinks!). So she asked me which one would I want. I know that the Plantronics 925 and Aliph Jawbone 2 are the best bluetooths out there (Or so i've heard and read pretty much everywhere). Which one is better overall for use with the iPhone? IMO the 925 looks better but I've heard that the noise assasin on the jawbone 2 is outstanding. What do you guys think?

Also price is not an issue, both of these are 70 bucks at Amazon.

2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i had the jawbone 2 for about 6 months. i just purchased the plantronics 925 because the jawbone was not loud enough for me in the car and it just got very very annoying. i am pretty young so it isnt my ears. i am very happy with the plantronics. IMO, its louder and when i am driving the other person can hear me better. it seems that the jawbone 2 is a hit or miss, but believe me, i had it positioned correctly in my ear with the tip on my jawbone.. The only complaint i have with the plantronics is that the fit hurts my ear if i have it on for a while. i has been getting better as of late, as i have only had it for less than a week. newegg.com had it for 69 with free shipping. if you have any other questions let me know. i still have my jawbone 2 if you want to buy it from me..

3. Vandam500 thread starter macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Oh I see! Thanks for the quick response. Very useful information

4. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I have not tried the Jawbone 2, but I can highly recommend the Plantronics 925. Very lightweight, to the point where I forget I am wearing it. Friends say they can not tell I am using a headset. And the charging case is a great idea.

5. Vandam500 thread starter macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Thanks! I'm starting to lean towards the 925:D

6. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

Jawbone 2 was good, but I sold it and bought a 925. Liked it so much, I bought one for my wife, too.

By far my choice.

7. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

I can't speak to the jawbone 2, but I do have the Plantronics 925. It is excellent! Very lightweight and comfortable to wear for long periods. The sound is excellent. People cannot tell I am on a headset at all. I have not had trouble with hearing people either as the speaker volume is great. Also the charging case works wonderfully. I do not have to physically plug the case into a wall outlet for some time (usually a week or more with casual use) which is nice. Highly recommend it. :)

8. dwd3885 macrumors 68020

i was 925 all the way, until i saw someone wearing it the other day in the apple store and he looked like a douche. It was very long. The jawbone 2 is much shorter, think iphone bluetooth headset but tons better.

I wish the 925 wasn't that long, otherwise I think it's a better heaset.

9. Vandam500 thread starter macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Thanks guys! I will definitely get the 925! Or better said, my girlfriend will:p

10. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

Just to toss in another contender, check out the Contour METAL. It's very light, and sounds great.

11. aphexii macrumors 6502

Just like to say that I was not terribly happy with my Jawbone 2's fit, until the recent release of the new free Jawbone fit kit that changes the earbud to a similar style as the 925, with the small piece to hold it inside your ear.

With the new fit kit, the Jawbone 2 is 1000x better and more secure in my ear now than it was before, don't even need the loop anymore.

To be honest, I don't think you could go wrong with either.