iPad Torn between mini and 4

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Moneymiike420, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Moneymiike420 macrumors regular

Sorry i know theres already countess threads but i Cannot make up my mind ,have been reading all of these posts i just got back from bestb uy i was only able to check out the mini.Its a beautiful device..i think its a little too light for me.The price point has me thinking.The new touch has the same chip as the iphone 5 which is why its $299 they added 29 bucks and downgraded all of the other specs (touch-retina,a6 chip)which in reality i guess makes sense and they gave the miini the a5 chip,non retina etc etc. Im slightly leaning towards the 4 now,i just cant pass up the speed,screen i think. I was not paying an extra 100 for a 32 gb mini i think id rather shell out the 170 and get a 4...my only question now is if 16 will be enough im leaning towards getting the 32 to play it safe what are your opinions id highly appreciate it.

2. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

If you have to get something now, get the 32GB iPad 4. It's a beast, even if they come out with the iPad 5 in the Spring/Summer it will still be the best device in it's form factor, a bit like the iPhone 4S. The mini, on the other hand, is a 1st generation product in an increasingly crowded field. There is every likelihood that it will be internally upgraded next year.
    The iPad 4 is the jack-of-all-trades. The iPad mini is not. If you can only have one device, the iPad 4, in my opinion, is the more useful.

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Bought a 16 today b/c I have 64GB iPad 3 and knew I could exchange if I needed a bigger one. I just finished syncing the mini and have 80 apps on it total, including some storage hog ones like Madden. I have 6.8GB of space left. I have no videos, music, podcasts, photos, books, magazines, etc. on it. So that should give you some idea of what 16GB is capable of holding.

4. Moneymiike420 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks alot dude,im not a big ios gamer,or app fiend so in reality i think the 16 might actually be perfect for me.We have an ipad2 16 gb in the house loaded with apps,games and it seems to be totally fine..i was jst worried about the retina apps being more data hogs but the 16 might actually be ok im just worried about the difference of resale value between 16 and 32 in the future :rolleyes:

5. Liquinn Suspended

I'd get the iPad 4 since you can always get the iPad mini 2 if they update it with the retina display.

Just my opinion. :)

6. 53x12 macrumors 68000

53x12

What will you store on it? You have things like Dropbox and google drive if you need more space for documents/pictures/music/movies that you don't need on the actual device.

7. qawsed27 macrumors member

It's easy. If you have a full size iPad already, get a mini if you want one. There is ZERO reason to upgrade from an iPad 2 or 3 to a 4. If you don't have an full size iPad already you obviously want a mini because if you really wanted an iPad you'd have one already.

8. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

16 will have better resale value relative to purchase price but don't buy for the next owner if you don't need 32.

9. MrMacBookPro macrumors 6502

very impressive IMO.. 80 apps with 6.8GB left,. WOW :D

10. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

So true