Torn Between TIT & Ceramic

harleymhs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
Hey Fellow MacRumors Peeps. Im looking to Upgrade from a 44mm Alum Space Grey to an Apple Watch Edition. I narrowed it down to the Space Titanium and Ceramic. Ugh... Love the idea of the Ceramic but the WHITE is throwing me off... The Contrast and maybe a bit on the feminine side... Would Love the have a sapphire Front so that's the reason for the upgrade for me... S.S. in 44mm will be on the heavy side so I didnt put that one in the mix! I do love the Stealth look from my AL S4 in Space Grey.. The ceramic the total other direction.. any thoughts.. would be helpful!

februarian

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2014
I would’ve gone for titanium because of the new factor and also the weight! But ceramic also isn’t too bad all things considering! The white and yellow leather loop combo is dope!

Reactions: harleymhs

skywest153

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
I don't think you can go wrong either way, but I do like the ceramic look and don't find it any bit feminine. I do think it's a bit less versatile and will look better if you dress nice consistently.

I ended up going titanium because of this, but the ceramic almost had me. If you truly like it, go for it!

Reactions: harleymhs

DeanLubaki

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2014
Toronto
Hey Fellow MacRumors Peeps. Im looking to Upgrade from a 44mm Alum Space Grey to an Apple Watch Edition. I narrowed it down to the Space Titanium and Ceramic. Ugh... Love the idea of the Ceramic but the WHITE is throwing me off... The Contrast and maybe a bit on the feminine side... Would Love the have a sapphire Front so that's the reason for the upgrade for me... S.S. in 44mm will be on the heavy side so I didnt put that one in the mix! I do love the Stealth look from my AL S4 in Space Grey.. The ceramic the total other direction.. any thoughts.. would be helpful!
stop with the masculinity insecurity ;)
If you like the ceramic, just get it! Who cares about what other people think. Are you buying it for you or for other people?

I’ve rocked the Edition Ceramic since Series 3 and am super pumped about the Series 5!
[doublepost=1568561177][/doublepost]
I do think it's a bit less versatile and will look better if you dress nice consistently.
i don’t think so! Here’s a pic to change your mind
I mean, I’m not wearing a suit and tie or a dressed shirt:p

Attachments

harleymhs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
stop with the masculinity insecurity ;)
If you like the ceramic, just get it! Who cares about what other people think. Are you buying it for you or for other people?

I’ve rocked the Edition Ceramic since Series 3 and am super pumped about the Series 5!
[doublepost=1568561177][/doublepost]

i don’t think so! Here’s a pic to change your mind
I mean, I’m not wearing a suit and tie or a dressed shirt:p
You are correct! I dont care what anyone thinks! to be honest .. You are right! Thanks!!!!!

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Personally, I like the ceramic, it’s a really unique finish with incredible durability, decent weight, and has a nice appeal to it. I am surprised that Apple didn’t return the gray ceramic, as I like that ‘Milky-Gray’ look to it.

Reactions: DeanLubaki

andyw715

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2013
My coworker (male) has a series 3 white ceramic. Real nice looking watch.
I'm leaning toward the titanium though, but do like the ceramic as well.

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
I would be concerned with getting bored with it. I have only had bright SS and SBSS since watch S0 and have never tired of either. I would need a second watch to switch with.

myapple2019

Suspended
May 10, 2019
Pick ceramic by all means. I am a muscular guy and pretty secure with my sexuality. I will wear what I want and could careless by other people think. I am ordering ceramic. To me, ceramic is more beautiful than titanium. Choose what you like and do not care what others think.

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2012
I personally think the white ceramic is the best looking watch you can get but I can't pay 1350 for a watch that I know I will replace in <2 years. I went with the SB titanium but even then I feel weird paying that much for a watch that I wont keep long. I feel like if you buy ceramic you should be able to pay $200 or so and get the internals upgraded when the next series comes out. Then it might be worth it.

Reactions: diamornte

AJ44

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2019
I like both.

The Ceramic sticks out and just pops with certain bands. My favorite with my S3 were red and black bands. I had a lot of people make comments that they didn’t know the Apple watch came in white, some would then research it and then have a comment on the cost. I have actually never seen another in the wild. Can’t wait to get mine Friday.

browercreed

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2019
I would be concerned with getting bored with it. I have only had bright SS and SBSS since watch S0 and have never tired of either. I would need a second watch to switch with.
Have you had problems with scratches or blemishes on the SS? Also I understand it's heavier. I'm an older female, and not sure about these "cons".

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Ceramic is gorgeous but Titanium has a more classic look
I’d agree. Ceramic has a semi-gloss looking appeal, where as the titanium seems to be more reflective of the aluminum finish, but I know that there’s some difference. But it will be interesting to see the titanium finish in different lighting conditions.

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
I tried out the white ceramic before settling on the grey ceramic. I really liked it, but it looked a tad too casual with my work attire, so that's why I went for the grey in the end.

Durability is AMAZING, mine still looks brand new and I will hold out another year before upgrading as my AppleCare+ doesn't even run out until Jan 2021.