Torn bewteen it all please help

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by TsuaSai, Feb 24, 2011.

1. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

Jan 9, 2006
    I should say the lower end of it all... I keep reading these new 13" MBPs are a joke and whatnot. I am not sure if I should buy a 2010 13" (used, refurb, or maybe if they discount them), 11" MBA with 4gigs of ram, or go with the latest and maybe not so greatest to some 13" MBP?

I don't need or have the budget for a 15". I am a stay at home mom and I move my computer all over the house between cooking and looking up recipes. To just any room that I can get some peace and quite. I do like to edit home videos and my husband will take whatever I get to play Left for Dead once a month. So don't need something that runs Black Ops at high res or anything.

I am thinking an air can probably get my needs met for most bang for the buck. But I am not 100% sure if i am right here? so I figure one of you computer experts here could help me.
  2. darknite38 macrumors regular

Nov 18, 2010
    Get the newest 13" macbook pro, or if you feel like saving a lot of money get a refurbished 13" 2010 macbook pro.
  3. ehoui macrumors regular

Jan 27, 2011
    Both great options. Based your described uses, this sounds more like an issue of screen size preference. Have you tried the 11" Air at your local Apple store? I'd do that first, if not. While the 13" MacBook Pro is technically faster, it probably doesn't matter much to you.