Torn...Help me!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by wakeupdead87, Mar 11, 2012.

1. wakeupdead87 macrumors newbie

Yes I am very indecisive sometimes :mad:

I found a seller on craigslist (kinda sketchy I know) offering to sell me his iPad 2 32gb wifi only for $365....

But im also torn betweent that and waiting for Friday to buy the new iPad 16bg wifi...

thoughts?

Money isn't that much of issue but ive never owned an ipad and $500 seems like alot of money to spend, and for less memory..

2. brandon8419 macrumors member

Stick with the new one..As you said, CL can be sketchy and who knows what kind of condition it's in. Just because it looks good on the outside when you get it, who knows what shape it is on the inside. You don't know what will happen once you start playing around with it.

Besides the benefits of the retina display and other amenities on the new iPad, you'll have peace of mind that you bought it from Apple and bought it from a reputable source in case you do have any problems

3. gamecube117 macrumors 6502

If it's too good to be true, don't go for it.

I would go for the new one, and I'm the same boat as you too - I'm very indecisive, flipping back and forth on what iPad should I get (Wifi, Data, and how much GB I need). The good thing about the iPad 3 being sold out for a couple of days/weeks is a good thing for me - gives me the opportunity to read reviews on it, decide what I need, and read the reviews for the new iPad cases since they'll be out by then.

4. Hoggles macrumors regular

Hoggles

Buy the new iPad. NO DOUBT.

You will regret spending even $370, when a little over a hundred more would get you a FAR superior iPad.

The display alone is one of the biggest upgrades of ANY device, iPad, Android....you name it.
    2048 X 1536 will blow you away.

Make the wise purchase..... Especially if "money isn't that much of an issue".

Retina Display
    5mp iSight optics
    A5X w/quad core GPU
    1080p recording @ 30fps
    Apps & games that will now be built for Retina iPad.
    The list goes on and on....

5. wakeupdead87 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah good idea. Plus I mean 32GB is some serious storage and I wont be putting all my music, movies, or photos on there. I mean isnt that what airplay or iCloud is for

6. Hoggles macrumors regular

Hoggles

Yep. Plus keep in mind, there are dock adaptors for SD card transfer and if if its a breeze to simply transfer back and forth from your Mac/PC.

New one for sure.... I beg you....you'll be glad you did ;)

7. wakeupdead87 thread starter macrumors newbie

how does the airplay and icloud work? I will be putting all my music from my Dell (PC) on to my MacBook (A1181) yes very old macbook lol

8. Hoggles macrumors regular

Hoggles

Very simple. Easiest way would be to Google it for some tutorials :)