iPad Torn! Ipad Air 2 or wait for rumored iPad Pro

Discussion in 'iPad' started by KG5429, Oct 17, 2014.

  1. KG5429 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2014
    #1
    I currently have an iPad Air but only 16g. I really need at least at 64g as I cannot even update my software as I only have 1GB left and needless to say I have very little apps downloaded as it is. I had hoped for at least an announcement on the iPad Pro to come next year with the watch release but obviously we got nothing! To get the iPad Air 2 or wait and see if a iPad Pro will ever come?
     
  2. Rafterman, Oct 17, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2014

    Rafterman macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2010
    #2
    There's little evidence that a "pro" version will even exist.
     
  3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

    ucfgrad93

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2007
    Location:
    Colorado
    #3
    Since your current iPad is almost full, can you use it for several more months until the Pro is announced (if it ever is announced)?
     
  4. KG5429 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2014
    #4
    I could obviously get by I would just hate to "deal with it" for another 6 months only to find out nothing happened. I think I am just going to get the air 2 and see what happens in 6 months.
     
  5. Quattro7 macrumors member

    Quattro7

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2013
    #5
    If you're annoyed by the lack of storage of your Air, and you've got the funds to buy the Air 2, I would do that.

    You don't know when the Pro will be announced (if it's announced), it can be this spring, it could be next year, or even later. I know I'm not patient enough to wait a year :D .
     
  6. MrGimper macrumors 601

    MrGimper

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2012
    Location:
    Andover, UK
  7. coolfilmaker macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2012
    #7
    I'm pretty sure that the iPad Pro won't be announced until the summer, at the earliest. They aren't going to release a new product at any time within a few months of the Apple Watch.
     
  8. iphone5att64 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2012
    #8
    Buy iPad Air 2 during the holiday return policy dates. I think it starts on or after 10/30 according to previous years. You can return it next year if there are any rumors of Pro.
     
  9. betabeta macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2013
    #9
    Just buy the new Air and then sell it when the pro comes out, who knows you may not even like the pro.

    The pro which probably will be called the plus is close to going into production but they are so backed up with iPhone orders they pushed it off to early next year. Also they know they can sell more Airs if they waited.

    So at the earliest it will come in April, and like others stated maybe even summer, I wouldn't be surprised if it got pushed to fall.

    The 3x iPad assets found in iOS 8.1 pretty much prove it's pretty far along, even past testing, 3x would peg a resolution for 12.9 at 3072x2304 about 300 ppi and new Images of 2gb memory are for the Pro.
     
  10. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2014
    #10

    Correct. This is why I went with the Air 2 today.
     
  11. applefanatic11 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2014
    #11
    Everyone keeps talking of an ipad pro that nobody has seen.
     
  12. Xeyad macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2012
    #12
    Waiting for an unannounced product? How long will you wait? What if it never comes? What if it doesn't come until late next year? What if it actually comes soon but you don't like it? All these questions should be enough to let you know that the iPad "PRO" is still more dream than reality. You don't want to wait too much and in no time rumors will be talking about iPad Air 3.

    Get the iPad Air 2 now ;)
     
  13. mashinhead macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2003
    #13
    I could totally be wrong but I think an iPad pro would be quite big and not very portable. It makes sense to make one, more for commercial purposes than personal ones or in home screens like house controls, etc. More stationary uses. Which might be their market for that.
     
  14. Royksöpp macrumors 6502a

    Royksöpp

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2013
    #14
    You need to get over it and get back to reality.
     
  15. Nismo73 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2013
    #15
    Now puzzled as to what CPU they would use since we now know that it's not appearing until maybe spring '15 earliest. Starting to think iPad Pro / new retina Macbook Air is just the same device. This puts a more defined difference between the Macbook Pro.

    Plus the iPad Air is quickly catching up to the capabilities of what an Air can do power wise. Software is still a different story (at this time).
     
  16. sracer macrumors 603

    sracer

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2010
    Location:
    Land of Bongos and Beatniks
    #16
    I'd recommend waiting. Even if no iPad Pro appears, you will have given Apple time to iron out the manufacturing kinks with the Air 2.

    Except for the original iPad, I have found that waiting 3 months or so after availability of the new gen helps to cut down on the probability of receiving a unit with an issue.
     
  17. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    May 1, 2013
    #17
    Update through iTunes if you can.
     
  18. MacDarcy macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2011
    #18
    Yeah, go ahead and get the air 2 now. The fact that it got the A8X chip makes me think this is what all the rumor sites were talking about. If a "pro" 12.9" ipad comes out, I doubt it will be before next Sept/Oct 2015. If you can wait that long for a product that may or may not exist, go for it. But it sounds like you can't even wait 6 months, so just plunk your $ down for the air 2 now. I think you will be happy you did.
     

Share This Page