Toronto iPhone 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nipommu, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Nipommu macrumors regular

Anybody from toronto trying to get the plus from the store? Its been near two months and i cannot seem to find one anywhere, i've been using istocknow.com but no luck so far...anybody have any tips or want to share an experience on here? i don't want to order online...since i know i have to wait 3-6 weeks instead of getting lucky and grabbing one at the store. the reps tell me to keep checking their online site and reserve one for a walk in but i have yet to see one available ever since two weeks ago.

if you'd want to share, for the people that got it from the apple store (2-3 weeks ago to now)how did you get it? walk in? got lucky? anybody know any shipment times?

2. Chatter macrumors 6502a

I am in the US and yes, I got lucky. Walked in for the 6 on Saturday of launch day, walked out with one. Couple weeks later, walked in for the 6+, walked out with 2 (for different people). So, I got lucky.

But keep checking istocknow and you should see a pattern. At my store, it seemed like there was *something* available every other Thu/Fri (even if its was for Sprint lets say) so I decided to walk in.

3. Bahroo macrumors 68000

I am in the U.S too and I just kept checking iStocknow...local Apple store 2 minutes right from my house ended up having a 64 gb Space Gray Verizon i6 Plus, got that and gave my brother the 4.7 inch 64 gb 6 I had, and he ended up purchasing the Plus and we just traded (the 4.7 inch i6 I had has applecare+ on it
    too )

iStocknow saved me and was extremely helpful

4. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

For Canadians, go to this website:

https://reserve.cdn-apple.com/CA/en_CA/reserve/iPhone/availability

When I checked 2 minutes ago, they have 6 pluses available in silver (16, 64) and grey (64) at Square One. Sherway Garden even has the gold one. You can reserve online for same day pick up. Act fast!!

If you are not willing to drive out there, order them online. Otherwise, check the above website everyday for stores in Toronto around 3-4 pm, which is about the time they update their record after daily delivery of stock.

5. LeanneLand macrumors member

I've been watching iphonestock.ca - you can sign up for a text alert when the model/size you want is available but it costs 4.19.

My sister is in Edmonton and ordered from her local Rogers store (a 64GB iPhone 6 gold). They said 3-4 weeks and it was ready in 2.

Or if you want an unlocked phone, Jump Plus sells them if you live near one. I have an order in from the Apple site (1 week down - 3 to go). But I keep checking Jump Plus as they've had good inventory, but are out of the gold 128 + at the moment.

6. Tobias Funke macrumors 6502a

Tobias Funke

I reserved online for next day pick up at the Apple Store.

3 days after launch!!!

Took me 2 months to get a 5!!

7. Ipadlover29 macrumors 6502a

One trick I learned from an apple employee, instead of trying to reserve at midnight try it around 11:30am to 2pm. This is when the stores put the stock back when nobody comes to pick their reservation. Also I found that Markville mall and Yorkdale are easier to reserve. Fairview mall is the hardest.

8. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

I got lucky with the reservation system at an Apple Store a few days after launch for a 64GB 6+, and then two days later, same thing with a 128GB 6+. The best thing to do is check those stock sites (I used pineapplenetwork.com/iphone6/ON) right at midnight when the reservation stock gets refreshed for the next day, and then turn into The Flash because you'll need to act fast to get the phone you want.

Keep in mind that when you're reserving, it doesn't matter if you choose to reserve one for on contract or off, you can make the decision at the store. I bought my 128GB unlocked outright, but I reserved it for on-contract. This makes it easier to reserve since you don't have to be so specific about buying outright or on-contract.

9. Allthings-I macrumors 6502

Rather than wasting that much time looking, why don't you just order one online? I know people that have ordered in Toronto few weeks ago and got their 6+ (3 different people, Yorkdale, Square One and Sherway gardens)

10. Lux12 macrumors member

I live in between Square One and Sherway Gardens and they always have the iPhone 6 plus and 6 when i walk in.

Ive also been looking at the Apple Reservation website to see if stores have them in stock. They get shipments everyday, thats how i got my 6 :)