Torrent / BitTorrent Issues OS X El Captain

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by Aussie_Chris, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Aussie_Chris macrumors newbie

G'day Since I updated to OS X El Captain last week I have been unable to use UTorrent or BitTorrent. The window fails to open for it unless I force it using the shortcut keys. It seems that it has no incoming connections. It is authorised on the firewall and I have tried it also by removing Avast but again still no incoming connections. Does anyone else have the same issue and any fixes. Is it the OS X or my ISP?

2. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

I can't answer your questions but I can recommend switching from those programs to Transmission.
    It works fine with El Capitan.

3. Aussie_Chris thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi I couldn't get transmission to work either. It as if there is no external connections

4. Skoopman macrumors 6502

Have you forwarded a port? Check in Preferences under Network if it shows Port is open.

5. Aussie_Chris thread starter macrumors newbie

Nothing is listed under network stating port is open.

6. Aussie_Chris thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm having the exact same issue on the Macbook Air as well that we updated to EL Captain

7. leman macrumors 604

Then its either your network or additional software that you use.

8. golfnut1982 macrumors regular

golfnut1982

Switch to transmission. Use appleaner to find and delete the utorrent app. Install transmission. Worked for me. But the latest version of utorrent works too, except for the damn ads. For me, its gone.

9. aristobrat macrumors G4

I just used Transmission a day or two ago. Worked the same as it did under Yosemite.

Hope you're able to get this sorted out!

10. Aussie_Chris thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for you help guys I had to delete all traces of the torrent files from bit torrent and utorrent. Once the files were erased i was able to launch transmission and utilise this