Torrent client for iOS

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by mrsir2009, Jul 3, 2012.

1. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

What do you guys reckon the best torrent client is for iOS? I've heard a lot about iTorrent, but it doesn't seem to be on the app store... So what torrent client would you recommend, either from the app store or from cydia?

2. iPhone2454 macrumors newbie

I don't think there will be any BitTorrent clients in the store, but there must be quite a few in Cydia. Unfortunately I'm not jailbroke so I can't look for you.

3. The Phazer macrumors 68030

There wouldn't be any allowed on the App Store.

Phazer

4. LaZyFLiP macrumors regular

iTransmission

The only one I've seen is iTransmission 2 on Cydia. From the few times I've used, it's worked pretty good.

5. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Out of curiosity why would you want to download a torrent on your iPhone? I download them all the time on my laptop (legal linux distributions) and have no desire to use my iPhone.

6. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

The uTorrent remote webapp is really handy.

Possibly configure it to autosave finished torrents into your dropbox folder.

7. Mdkcheatz, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2013

Mdkcheatz macrumors newbie

Mdkcheatz

Anyway, to now provide my billion cents; I must say I've tried an app called "iTransmittion" out of cydia and it supports both torrents and magnet links (I've actually tested both motheds successfully), I did, however, find that the downsides to iTransmittion are that it doesn't seem support multitasking by default (meaning you have to hack the info.plist to make the iOS think it supprts it or use backgrounder) and sometimes with magnet links you can't really tell if the demagnetization process is working right because it often takes ages, but still either wayit still works none the less.

8. pickaxe macrumors 6502a

Mdkcheatz, thank you! Your post showed me that it is possible to force an application to support multitasking just by changing a flag in the plist, so I was actually able to enable state-savingin Cydia!!! Finally!!!

9. Mdkcheatz macrumors newbie

Mdkcheatz

Hey no problem man! Glad it came of use. If you have any other questions concerning the various limitations of the iphone feel free to PM me. I don't know everything about the iphone but I know enough of a great deal. Still trying to figure out how to force apps to multitask music. I know it's demanding on the ram which is likely why only few apps support it, but I have ways to strip down resources and get apps to work in ways not normally intended.

10. DMH3006 macrumors regular

Just copy the flag from the music app.

11. Mdkcheatz macrumors newbie

Mdkcheatz

I tried it... Didn't work. It has to do with internal aspects of the game. Stuff I havn't been able to tweak yet.

12. dago macrumors newbie