torrent client on a mac?

kingcrowing

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 24, 2004
Burlington, VT
i found a site where i can download Linux for PPC (Fedora Core 3 and Yellow Dog) as a torrent instead of just a stright FTP/HTTP download, does anyone have any expirience with any good bit torrent clients for OS X? thanks!

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I just use the official client. Version 4 adds some nice new features like queuing and a ratio counter.

Comment

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Real quick... make sure to check out Ubuntu PowerPC for a good PowerPC linux distro. Also, check out www.distrowatch.com for more info on all of them and links to downloads.

As far as a good client for bittorrent, there are 3 that I would recommend, each offering something diffferent. The official client is cool if you want the bare bones, stable release. Tomato Torrent offers a bit more features. I recently switched to Bits on Wheels as it offers the most features and has a cool feature where it makes a 3D render of the files you're sending/receiving.

-Kevin

Comment

iLikeMyiMac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2004
St. Louis
I use Azureus mainly for the IP blocker plugin. But now I'm going to take a loot at Bits on Wheels because of Spaceballls recommendation.

Comment

yinyang

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2003
sunny brisbane
bits on wheels is easy to configure and use, and it tells you everytihng you need to know.

azureus is for those that want more control and want to tweak

i use either depending on how i feel :)

Comment

brap

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
yinyang said:
bits on wheels is easy to configure and use, and it tells you everytihng you need to know.
It's really spooky watching the 3d swarm, too!

I'd use Azureus, but it rapes my RAM.

Comment

hob

macrumors 68010
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
brap said:
It's really spooky watching the 3d swarm, too!

I'd use Azureus, but it rapes my RAM.
Mmmm.... Ram... :p

Anyway, I just started using BOW and I think it's great! Somehow the other clients were all being blocked on my connection but BOW worked around it! :D

Comment