torrent clients doesn't download at my university

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by falconb, Oct 11, 2012.

1. falconb macrumors member

hello guys
    i'm facing a problem that i can't download torrents when i'm at my university

i firstly thought it was a problem in my client which was "uTorrent" but i was wrong cause it firstly worked at home and secondly i tried another clients at university but also didn't work

guys please i need an urgent solution cause i might need to download next monday

thanx very much

2. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Sounds like your University blocks the ports that bit torrent uses. That is within their rights after all.

You can probably find a way around it if you look around. Don't expect a lot of help around here, and you can pretty much expect to get in trouble with your university if you're caught circumventing their network policies.

Proceed with caution.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I can't imagine any "urgency" or "need" to download from a torrent site. I'm sure many campuses block torrent activity. If you want to torrent, your best bet is to do it from home.

4. falconb, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2012

falconb thread starter macrumors member

thank you all for responding

hhhhhhh GGJ what do you think
    i think you know that i have no intention to use it for entertainment at work specially as long as have home i guess hhhhhhh