Torrent Downloader

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Quagmire1088, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Quagmire1088 macrumors newbie

Quagmire1088

before i start i have indeed searched the forums and found some answers but not all,

basicly i want a decent torrent dowloader a the moment i have vuze and transmission but im not confterable with my computer being open to the net and i cant find anyway to hide my mac or stop uploads any solutions?

cheers,

2. winninganthem macrumors 6502a

winninganthem

If you're uncomfortable with people downloading from you, filesharing (especially Bittorrent) is not for you, since these networks are heavily based on the idea of you actually sharing the files :p.

In this case, I recommend that you try Usenet, since you don't share the file with anyone else. All you need is a news reader and a news server (which might charge for the service), but you'll get access to a huge base of files that you might want. In my own experiences, speeds are way faster than BT as well. There's a lot of illegal material out there for download, but Usenet itself as a network is entirely legal.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Many torrent apps allow you to regulate the resources allocated for uploads.

4. Kronie macrumors 6502a

Kronie

It only uploads from the shared folder or the vuze folder or whatever folder YOU decide to use. It shouldn't upload everything, just what you choose to share.......

I forget what its called but its when you download a file, then move it out of the upload file so no one can download it from you. like a hit and run or something......

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

So let me see if I understand. You want to download from others but are unwilling to share with them. :rolleyes:

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Bingo.

OP, torrents are a system of give and take. If you don't give, you reduce the number of people from which you can take to around 10% of normal.

People don't like being shorted. Get used to it.

7. Minimoose 360 macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

What does this question have anything to do specifically with the MacBook Pro?