torrent help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by eden922, May 23, 2007.

1. eden922 macrumors newbie

hey whats up guys, newb here, but have been lurking around this site for a while, i downloaded transmission and downloaded a song, now i have a hard time playing the song or even moving it to itunes. would you guys be able to help me please

thanks
    eden

2. Shotgun OS macrumors 6502a

Isn't discussing downloading music from torrents illegal? Or against the rules to discuss here?

The only help can really give is that the torrent might be corrupt, or the file type is not supported by iTunes.

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Well depend on the songs, recent trends from bands is to spread their demos virally one of the best ways is through torrents/myspace. I've recently download lots of demos this way, all legal.

4. reubs macrumors 68000

I'm going to assume you're using the BT application for legal purposes. To help us out we'll first need to know what format the song itself was in. If it was in a lossless format like .flac it will need to be encoded w/ something like xACT to decompress it. Then you would use iTunes to encode it into whatever format you'll need it in.

Hope that helps, and I hope I didn't leave out any steps...

5. Blubbert macrumors 6502

An even easier way to convert the music is to download Max. It has the capability to convert from and to almost any format under the sun. BTW if the file is ogg, you could download the xiph components for itunes from their site. This way you wouldnt have to convert from a lossy format into another (possibly) lossy format.