torrent list stays empty???

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Thorsykes, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Thorsykes macrumors newbie

i am trying to use acquisition but have just tried transmission. same problem with both. when i try to launch a torrent file the list remains empty. every thing is connected and working proper. i have it set as my default and yet the list remains empty. please help if you have any thoughts. thanks.

2. mjsmke macrumors 6502a

Have you tried using Bittorrent? That use to work fine for me. What sort of files are you downloading?

3. mad-jamie16 macrumors regular

I had a similar problem when I was downloading torrents but I don't know if this will solve yours. I couldn't find the torrent on bittorrent when I downloaded it, but then I realised you have to click on downloads in the dock and double click the file you want. Hope this helps!

4. Thorsykes thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you both for the replies. reply 1: i dont think it is the actual program that i am using as i have tried others with the same result. i am using it for audiobooks mainly and a bit of music. nothing major. reply 2: i have gotten to that point but no further. my problem comes after double clicking the download. the file i am trying to download does not appear in my list where the torrents do the actual dl.
    thanks again. i would love to hear any other thoughts.