Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thorsykes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
Vancouver BC
i am trying to use acquisition but have just tried transmission. same problem with both. when i try to launch a torrent file the list remains empty. every thing is connected and working proper. i have it set as my default and yet the list remains empty. please help if you have any thoughts. thanks.

mjsmke

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2010
UK
Have you tried using Bittorrent? That use to work fine for me. What sort of files are you downloading?

mad-jamie16

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2010
England
I had a similar problem when I was downloading torrents but I don't know if this will solve yours. I couldn't find the torrent on bittorrent when I downloaded it, but then I realised you have to click on downloads in the dock and double click the file you want. Hope this helps!

Thorsykes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
Vancouver BC
thank you both for the replies. reply 1: i dont think it is the actual program that i am using as i have tried others with the same result. i am using it for audiobooks mainly and a bit of music. nothing major. reply 2: i have gotten to that point but no further. my problem comes after double clicking the download. the file i am trying to download does not appear in my list where the torrents do the actual dl.
thanks again. i would love to hear any other thoughts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.