Torrent managing app?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by drewc1138, Oct 20, 2009.

1. drewc1138 macrumors 6502

I know there was a big stink a while back when Apple denied an app that did this, so I'm sure there's a jailbreak version. I'm looking for an app that will manage torrents on my iMac from my iPhone. For example, if I'm at work and I have a torrent I want to start downloading at home, I'd like to have a way to start it with my iPhone. Any ideas?

2. foob macrumors 6502

foob

What client are you using? TorrentTRAK works with Transmission. I use Azureus/Vuze which has a web interface and an iPhone plugin which I've hacked around with to make a little more friendly for myself.

3. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

You can enable remote access with Transmission via Mobile Safari. I'm not sure if it works outside your local wireless network, however.

Edit: Aaah my bad I saw you wanted to add torrents from work. What I do right now is use Dropbox, have a folder called "Torrents" monitored on my home PC that will add then delete the original torrent files (can be done with utorrent and Transmission). Whenever I'm at work I just drop the file into the Torrents folder and I'll get a Growl notification when its been removed (i.e. download has started at home).

4. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

To my knowledge, Transmission Web Interface only works with your local network, unless you have a VPN.

5. danwms macrumors member

That sounds like a really good way of doing it, Only problem is, most torrent websites are NSFW. Do you know of any sites that are?

6. thep33t macrumors regular

any site that has a RSS feed so it is only text strings is a big help.

7. xsecretfiles macrumors 6502

Utorrent anyone?

there is the app on Cydia or you could use the remote web access to use it with Safari..

8. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Access the sites through a proxy. If your work blocks .torrent files like mine then just use http://txtor.dwerg.net/