Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HappySnail

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2008
I have recently just switched to mac and wanted to use torrents on it. I first went to transmission as i only needed a lightweight thing to download 1 or 2 files. After getting speeds of 5-7kB/s even for high seed torrents

I switched to Azureus and downloaded a file from inside the Vuze menu, this worked at 600kB/s, Fantastic. But after trying Torrents downloaded externally in Azureus i got 0.3kB/s speeds.

on my old computer i can get 500KB/s and also on about 500kB/s my iMac with bootcamp so i don't understad why it is so slow.

My port is closed and i am trying to fix this but it wouldn't effect the different speeds in Azureus. I am unsure about what to do to speed this up and i don't want to have to use bootcamp all the time.

Any help apreciated

Thanks.

(Also if anyone knows how to check the port status in Azureus then that would be apreciated)

Stetrucci

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2008
same problem

I have the same problem. I opened the port but I still can't get good download speeds. Please help! Thank you.

merc669

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2006
Southern MD, USA
If my memory serves me. There is a Test Port Function in the Preferences. This is the same spot where you would want to put the Port Address you want to use if try different Ports. I will have to look at mine when I get home. But somebody else can also confirm this.

Bill.....:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.