Torrents on Apple TV via Boxee?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Piratebroadcast, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Piratebroadcast macrumors member

Hi guys... Im new to both torrents and Apple TV, but I have recently started using both. What would be the easiest way to download torrents directly to the Apple TV hard drive and play them on my TV? (Im not afraid to admit.. Im nervous about command line stuff.. I dont even know where to find it) I know about the "public torrents" thing on Boxee, but I want to download some other things. Could I create a shared folder between my macbook and the apple TV.. like, find the torrent on my mac, but have the download destination the hard drive of the Apple TV?

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Assuming my idea of where this thread might go is correct, then I have to say that piracy is not allowed in these forums.

3. iSaygoodbye macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

what he said:p

4. aidricksdad macrumors regular

aidricksdad

not all torrents are illegal....if you ssh into apple tv there is a place to put torrents in boxee and they will show up in your downloads next time you turn on boxee....i forget where to put them google it

5. Piratebroadcast thread starter macrumors member

It is SO crazy to me that you assume I am interested in Torrents for piracy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_(protocol)

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It's not crazy at all. What else could you possible download to watch on your AppleTV? Also your username pretty muce deduces that.