Torrents on iphone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by vvstorm2, May 26, 2012.

1. vvstorm2 macrumors newbie

Is there any way by which u get to downlaod torrents directly on iphone...???
    And is it possible to do so without jailbreak...???

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not without a JB.
    Apple offcourse will never ever ever allow anything like that on the appstore.

4. vvstorm2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanx for rply
    I feel In that sense android is much better
    U can download torrents and atleast use bluetooth for data transfer

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Whatever works better for you then that should be your choice.
    Myself I never had the need to torrent anything using my phone but not everyone is the same.
    Cellphones are not one size fits all, its good that we have many options to choose from.

6. vvstorm2 thread starter macrumors newbie

I know that
    M jst sayin if apple includes torrents, flash, bluetooth transfer then itl be the perfect phone with all features one may expect
    m an apple fanboy so jst wantd these features from apple....!!!

7. Sourcern macrumors newbie

Ok read this:
    1. Why would Apple approve downloading torrents? It can bring malware and other viruses.
    2. Actually there is a way to download torrents. Just go to a site that gives you the option of downloading torrents as a direct file and use an app like "Downloads"
    3. Flash is in way of getting destroyed. But there is also a way to watch flash videos and play flash based games. Example of apps is "puffin" and "photon"
    4. Bluetooth is very unsafe. It is one of the easiest ways for a hacker to get control of your device. Apple claims that iOS is safe and they have to live up to what they say. Therefore they have limitations in Bluetooth sharing.
    5. However, there is also a way to send files. Use an app like "photo sender" or "photo transfer".
    6. Apple can do almost everything, but in the operating system there is limitations this will give people a safer, easier and more stable user experience and people can download apps from the app store if they really need things like flash based browsing and stuff. (also flash browsing makes the experience of browsing internett slower and more laggy.

8. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Phew ever thought of being a teacher in charge of the naughty class !!