Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

willardhlp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
There is an incredible deal on a Toshiba external portable hard drive at Office max right now. I was just wondering if anyone knows what the internal interface on these drives is. Is it something that I could swap with my Macbook pro 13" internal drive? Any help would be appreciated.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Are you sure that's an incredible deal, as the site say 9.999,99 $?

Most modern external 2.5 HDD use S-ATA 1.5Gbit/s or 3Gbit/s connectors, so it would fit. What is more important is the height. The drive needs to be 9mm high to fit into the MBP, but as the name of the drive is really generic, one can't tell what drive is used in there.

Edit: Also shipping is discontinued.

willardhlp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
Are you sure that's an incredible deal, as the site say 9.999,99 $?

Most modern external 2.5 HDD use S-ATA 1.5Gbit/s or 3Gbit/s connectors, so it would fit. What is more important is the height. The drive needs to be 9mm high to fit into the MBP, but as the name of the drive is really generic, one can't tell what drive is used in there.

Edit: Also shipping is discontinued.

it must have been a mistake or they were closing them out but when I posted, it was 39.99

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.