Toshiba TV / Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dansemacabre, Jun 28, 2012.

1. dansemacabre macrumors newbie

I'm almost scared to post this, because I know that everyone is pretty sick of this discussion, but I can’t help but ask for help regardless. I’m trying to connect my Macbook Pro (15 Inch, Mid 2010) to my Toshiba LCD TV (Regza 32AV504D)

Additionally...sorry if I've posted this in an incorrect forum category...am new to this.

Mac OS X
    2.4 GHZ Intel Core i5
    4GB 1067 MHz DDR3

I’m connecting them using a Mini Display Port from the Macbook and a HMDI Cable into the TV. The funny thing is that the Macbook seems to detect the TV (in the display options it comes up with Toshiba) however when they are initially connected both the Macbook screen and the TV simply flash blue and then go back to their original screens. I’ve tried various different ways of connecting them (ie. TV off – connect Macbook – and then turn on ect but the result is the same. I’ve followed all relevant online instructions ie/ mirroring and switched between a number of resolutions (with very little logical behind it though) but no change.

I’ve managed to find the TV manual online if this helps.

http://www.toshiba-om.net/LCD/PDF/English/Country_Specific/AV505-323742-English-Specific.pdf

The frustrating thing is, is that HMDI seems to be the only way to connect this particular TV to the Macbook. There are no DVI / VGA inputs for example only scart sockets and component video.

The only other TV we have in the house is also a Toshiba and does the same thing as detailed above. All the wires are new (so essentially untested) but they must be working because the Macbook does detect the TV – it just won’t display.

Any thoughts would be really appreciated.

2. dansemacabre thread starter macrumors newbie

Toshiba TV / Macbook Pro

I've been through the above guide previously, but I am looking for more of a tailored solution on this one. There seem to be many complicated set-ups, but I'm not willing to shell out on more cables and converters unless I'm certain the mini-display port to HDMI is a lost cause. The Macbook detects the TV - but will not display. I wondered if there was anything obviously wrong with the set-up I have. Is the macbook even compatible with the TV in terms of resolution ect. I'm not really up to speed on all the technical ins and outs.