toshiba's waranty sucks rocks.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by steve knight, Aug 10, 2009.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

wife got a external 2.5" hd when circuit city went out of business. well it died and going on their site to get a repair was fun. ok put all the info in and it says out of warranty. it only has a 1 year warranty but we have not had it for a year. there is no place to put a date in just the serial number and model number. so I pop it open and put in the hard drives numbers and guess what? it is on warranty and I get a RMA number. is this flaky or what?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I'm thinking not the right place for this. But welcome to the world of PC's, Dell and Acer I believe are fairly respected with some of the best optional warranties in the biz. Toshiba seems to not have changed, I remember a family member's struggle back in the late 90s.

3. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

never had a problem with a wd hard drive return.
    here is another fun one. if I wanted a replacement right away I could put down a 300.00 deposit. what a deal.
    well this is the last toshiba part I will be buying.

4. Pixellated macrumors 65816

My mum's old Toshiba CrapBook Pro SUX900's (that is the actual product name, I'll have you know) Logic Board went, she sent it off to them, two days later, they told her because of the extensive damage done to the computer they could not repair it..... It was in perfect condition though....

She put the phone down and called again, they said it had terrible water damage and would take weeks. Then we called again and complained, spoke to manager who spoke the truth. He said the laptop has been repaired under the warranty and is on it's way back. Stupid service.