Total calories for the day

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by EllienaeDesigns, Apr 29, 2016.

1. EllienaeDesigns macrumors newbie

EllienaeDesigns

I would like to know if anyone has used TOTAL calories in Activity to maintain their weight.
    Myfittnesspal gives me 1730 a day to maintain but Activity screen shows total calories usually much lower.

Attached Files:

2. Soccernutt10 macrumors newbie

Soccernutt10

My Fitness pal uses Active Calories. It imports them automatically and adds to your total cal consumption.

3. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

Nah, the AW calories calculations are totally jacked up. Until Apple fixes the calorie calculation algorithms, I would use any other tool out there over the AW and the phone Activity and Health apps.

4. EllienaeDesigns thread starter macrumors newbie

EllienaeDesigns

Maybe so .. I've worked hard to lose 50 lbs! But I'm finding Maintaining goal weight more difficult then actually losing

5. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

Yep. I am 15 lbs. down and aiming for at least another 10. Although I have an AW, I am using Fitbit for weight loss. It is a far better integrated universe, and presents all weight and calorie data in one place.

6. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

Not me, because when I started losing my first thirty pounds back in 2009-2010, the Activity app didn't exist yet. I was using LoseIt! at the time, and haven't yet compared Activity's recommendations with LoseIt!'s. But, yes, when I was tracking calories, I used LoseIt's total calorie count to determine how much to eat. If I didn't work out that day, I ate less; if I worked out, I ate more.

What I learned, though, was from reading between the lines, so to speak -- I could quickly max out my calories with potato chips, candy, and sodas, or I could eat a lot of fresh veggies and other unmolested foods, getting good nutrition and a greater amount of food while staying within my calorie budget.