Total newbie needs help transferring files to Mac Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by elykoj, Jul 23, 2014.

1. elykoj macrumors regular

I have an Android Samsung S5 , and just got a Mac Pro. I have a ton of photos,videos,and music on my phones SD card. What is easiest way to transfer all that stuff over to my Mac ? A wireless type sync would be awesome. I keep reading about all these different apps and such to use but getting more confused... can someone help me and walk me through it?

2. sdimas macrumors member

I just got my macbook and have not yet transferred any files from my galaxy either. But I will try this app when I have time. It's the first one that came up in Google search. I don't think you will be able to transfer without an additional program

https://www.android.com/filetransfer/

3. x3n0n1c macrumors regular

Transfer the files you want to an SD card on the S5, and then place that SD card in your Macbook and you're done.

4. sdimas macrumors member

since the S5 has a micro SD card he would need a micro SD adapter. Not expensive, but also an option that I haven't considered.
    I think just downloading an app would be much easier.

5. elykoj thread starter macrumors regular

question?

if i get adapter for the sd card, how does the sd card show on the mac? then is it possible to transfer all of those music files into itunes? is this an easy process? and how do you do it?

or if i download doubletwist app, once its in the music app of doubletwist, can it be synced into itunes or no

6. x3n0n1c macrumors regular

It will be mounted as a drive on the system, the same as a hard disk or USB device would appear.

If your music files are are all unencrypted on your phone, it is just a matter of copying them off the SD card into any folder you want on your mac (there is a music folder in your documents). You then simply open iTunes and add that folder to your library. All very simple and easy.

One of the benefits of purchasing an apple product is you can always get the Geniuses at an Apple store to help you out. They are generally competent and usually quite friendly.

7. elykoj thread starter macrumors regular