Total Number of Contacts

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BullittMustang, Apr 4, 2008.

1. BullittMustang macrumors 6502a

In the contact list at the very bottom it usually shows the total number of contacts. Now it is only there after I add a new contact and it disappears shortly after. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there anyway to have the total number stay at the bottom?
    Thanks

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Try pressing contacts again, and you should have your entire list of contacts, just swipe until you are at the bottom of your contacts list and it should have the total number of contacts. The total number of contacts will not appear if you are looking at one individual contact. :cool:

3. BullittMustang thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, That's the problem I am having. The total number is not always at the bottom. If I add a new contact it is there but the next time I look it is gone.

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

You might need to sync with your computer. :cool:

5. BullittMustang thread starter macrumors 6502a

After I add a contact the total number will stay at the bottom of the list until I turn off the phone. When I power it back up the total number is gone. Is that the way it is supposed to be? I thought it stayed there before.

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I see what you're talking about now; I just did the reboot and "poof" they disappeared, like you said. Now, I'm going to sync and see what happens. :eek:

7. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I have never noticed the total number. Through "About" in "Settings:General" you can see the number of songs, videos, and photos you have. But no contacts there.

Oh wait: Here's the trick. When you go to contacts through the Phone app, make sure it says "All Contacts" at the top. If not, click the "<Groups" button at the top left and then select "All Contacts." Scroll to the bottom and it should tell you how many. I've got 132. :)

8. josielinnea macrumors regular

josielinnea

I can't see it anywhere and I have only "All Contacts", no groups.

9. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

i dont think there is any option to change it... this is just the way it is..
    it used to worry/bug me...
    total no doesnt change if you add a new contact till you sync with computer

10. BullittMustang thread starter macrumors 6502a

If you add the new contact through the iPhone the total number does change without resyncing.

11. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

If you don't see it, go through the method I said above. If you don't have any groups, just add one for the heck of it and go through that process. Mine didn't show up just a second ago but did after I went back to my groups and selected "All contacts." Probably a minor bug there.

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Thats pretty cool, I never noticed that. Thanks!

13. BullittMustang thread starter macrumors 6502a

Does yours also disappear when you power cycle the phone?

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

What do you mean by "power cycle"?

15. BullittMustang thread starter macrumors 6502a

Turn the power off by holding the power button until the power off screen comes up, then slide the slider to power off. Then turn it back on again.

16. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Ok, I just tried that, and you are right, it did disappear. However, it showed back up after I synced my iPhone.

Hope that helps.