Total price for 32GB iPhone 4 in California?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by synystergates, Jun 23, 2010.

1. synystergates macrumors newbie

My order total was $367.16. Is there any other fee I'm supposed to pay if I go into the Apple Store tomorrow? Is there an activation fee I'm supposed to pay as well?

2. dsm2gst macrumors member

I preorder on the 15th to have it shipped to my house. My card finally got charge but it was only $326 I live in SF/Bay Area.

3. menist macrumors 6502

menist

I'd paid $360.16, Elk Grove, CA. The activation charge will be on your next att bill.

4. synystergates thread starter macrumors newbie

5. bat95132 macrumors member

Check your bill. Either your billing addy is in another state, or they screwed up your sale and you will see it or get away with it. In CA you are charged tax on full price of phone.. Just check again to be sure.

6. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

My original order placement was $362, my thank you confirmation was $362 but my confirmation email said only the $325 and change plus my Apple.com status page said the $325 as well.

I got fully charged yesterday and it was only $325 :D

Here is another thread I had posted in about this same topic:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=945604&highlight=

7. dsm2gst macrumors member

When I pre order the total was $367, but now it only charged me $326 through apple.com and confirmed it with my bank it already cleared. My billing addy is still California SF/Bay Area.

8. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

Yeah prepare for roughly 60 dollars of sales tax. Shouldn't be any other fees.

9. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

Go to Apple.com and go to Order Status of your new iPhone.... Whatever that price says thats the price you will be charged!

I confirmed this with an Apple rep that some customers in CA. are getting the subsidized tax price for some reason, but she says whatever your order status page says THAT'S what apple will be charging you.

For AT&T customers I hear this lower price is not happening and all AT&T orders will get charged the un-subsidized price.

So in closing... go your apple.com account and if its $325 then smile... if its $362 then ohh well that's what you figured you pay anyway. :p