Total recall-spoilers

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mac'nCheese, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Just saw the new total recall movie and was wondering if I caught all the winks -big and small- to the first movie. Obviously, the three breasted woman, some dialogue like "who the hell am I?". But also: jessica's tear was a nod to the original drop of sweat on the total recall director's head, the woman in Front of quaid in the line at the fall, Quaid jumping to the electrical lines, the digital mask, the reference to traveling to mars....what else?

2. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I'm pretty sure nobody saw this movie but me...

3. espiritujo macrumors member

espiritujo

Gonna be honest with you, you probably were. I had no interest in seeing this movie whatsoever. Maybe whenever it comes out to DVD i'll borrow a friends copy or just watch it online. Didn't look worth my 9.50$:cool:

4. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Wow that theater is cheap mine is about $25 for a ticket, popcorn, and soda.

I have no intention of ever seeing it. You just don't remake Shwarzenegger classics. Just like you don't remake other classics like Casablanca or The Sound of Music.

Many others must agree given how poorly it opened compared to the original. Yes it had $1million more sales opening weekend. If you adjust for the inflation of ticket prices which are at least double that of 1990 about half as many people saw it. Most of those probably were not huge fans of the original with the VHS, DVD and Blu Ray.

5. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

How do you remake total recall and not go to mars?

6. erickkoch macrumors 6502a

I saw it. The original was better IMO.

The problem with this movie is that it just wasn't "fun" in the way the original was. The original had a kind of violent-campy-zaniness to it. This version was just a kind of dark sci-fi chase film. The visuals were quite good but I recommend it as a rental.

7. Orange Crane macrumors 6502

Converting a classic into a throwaway cg studio summer waterhead flop is what happened here. Might as well try to make a pg13 terminator movie without Arnold.. Oh. Wait. :/

8. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I want to see it when it's available on disc. Not theater worthy to me.

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

You just described the '80s.