Total sellers remorse

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Nychot, Feb 22, 2012.

  1. Nychot macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2011
    #1
    I have a buyer for my ipad2 16gb white for $450 and we were supposed to meet today BUT i woke up this morning and decided to keep it. I have it set up in such a custom way and use it so much that i just dont want to part with it at least for now. I think i'll wait until the 3 comes out and buy it and maybe then sell the 2 or keep both. Nuts, huh?:D
     
  2. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

    MonkeySee....

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2010
    Location:
    UK
    #2
    Keep both. I'm getting an iPad 3 thinking it would be great for my wife to browse the web, cook books and face time whilst i'm at work but I'm gonna want to take it everywhere with me. Wish i could afford 2.
     
  3. Nychot thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2011
    #3
    My wife also has an ipad2. We are both now just going to wait it out.
     
  4. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

    Ecoh

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2009
    Location:
    USA
    #4
    You could always gift it to a deserving relative or close friend. You wil have the joy of making someone you care about happy and be able to visit your old iPad every now and then. :D
     
  5. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

    spiderman0616

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2010
    #5
    I sold my iPad 2 about a month ago so I could get top dollar for it and use the money to pay for my iPad 3. I figured since I was in for a very busy February, I would not have time to miss it much.

    I was wrong. I'm miserable without it, and I am so anxious for the new one to come out. There were so many things I did on my iPad that are just not nearly as good on the small screen of the iPhone.
     
  6. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

    Macman45

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2011
    Location:
    Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
    #6
    I gave my 64GB wifi 2 to a buddy back home in the US....I'm missing it, but it won't be too long now....Hoping!
     
  7. urkel macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2008
    #7
    Since you asked... yes thats nuts. :D

    First off, when you do a restore then it will be exactly how you have it set up so your "custom setting" would exist on any iPad. Thats how most of us will be moving our settings to the iPad 3.

    Secondly, the iPad 2 most likely isn't going to be discontinued because of the iPad 3 so a $50 loss on an item that will probably drop in price $100 would've actually given you a PROFIT if you decided to rebut next month. But if you decide to sell AFTER the 3 is announced and AFTER the price drop then you're looking at probably $300 in a very competitive resale period.

    Anyway, its all your decision and since there has yet to be an official announcement then its possible this will work out for you. (Thats my attempt at pretending you made the right decision :p)
     
  8. bigjnyc macrumors 601

    bigjnyc

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2008
    #8
    I'm assuming thats the 3G version? Otherwise you were getting a great price for your old iPad.
     
  9. iWantThat macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2011
    #9
    Like others have said, it's your choice and you have to do what makes you happy. With that said, if this is a 16 gb wifi model and you are receiving $450 for it that is an incredible price to be getting this late in the game. Even the local news stations have been reporting a potential iPad 3 being released in the next month or so. Whoever the potential buyer is clearly doesn't do their research. They could buy a factory refurbed iPad 2 from Apple for the same price and have the peace of mind of having the 1 year warantee.

    Personally I sold my 32 gb wifi model a month back and while I miss it, waiting another 3-4 weeks at this point is more than worth to only have to shell out an extra 50 bucks for the newest technology.
     
  10. The Californian macrumors 68040

    The Californian

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2009
    Location:
    Surfers Paradise
  11. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

    ugahairydawgs

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2010
    #11
    So you agreed in good faith to a sale and then backed out at the last minute?

    Kind of a crappy move.
     
  12. thegreati macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2012
    #12
    I am sure the "almost" buyer will move on and find another.
     
  13. vaughany18 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2012
    Location:
    England
    #13
    Sold my iPad 32gb wifi last month its killing me the quicker the iPad 3 is out the better :D:D:D:apple:
     

Share This Page