Total sync between all my units in Safari?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by carlsson, May 30, 2017.

1. carlsson macrumors regular

carlsson

I have a MacBook Pro, an iPhone and an iPad.

I would like to share the same Safari pages on all units. That is; All units shold always have the same pages open (and be on the same position on those pages).

Example:
    I am looking at an article on macrumors.com on my iPad. Then I go to my computer, open Safari and finish reading the artice there. After finishing it, I browse to something else (or maybe close the page).
    Later, I go back to my iPad. At that time I want to continue where I have ended on my Mac.

I thought Handoff should solve this, but that doesn't do this at all.

As it is now, I have some pages open on my iPad, some others on my iPhone, and some more on my Mac. Some of them are the same, some have been read and some wants to be read. It's total chaos.

I know that I can see what pages are currently opening on the other devices, but that only helps to some degree – when I close page A on my iPad, I also want it closed on the other units, and vice versa.

I mean, it should be quite simple to solve this. Have I missed some setting?

Tia,
    /Andreas

2. carlsson thread starter macrumors regular

carlsson

3. TwoBytes macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

Interesting idea. I'd like this it has some fail safes. I have upward of 30 tabs plus pinned tabs on my desktop and 4 on my iPhone. The issue is RAM - I wouldn't want my iphone crashing out. Plus, if Iaccidentallyy close a tab on the phone, or clear the cache, I wouldn't want it syncing with my mac and doing the same. Maybe there is some sort of Chrome extension that would do this?

4. carlsson thread starter macrumors regular

carlsson

It should be a preference, of course. Some don't want it, some do. Preference per unit is obvious. Just like iCloud sync or whatever.

Closing by mistake is hard to protect against, one solution would be to have "recently closed tabs/pages".

I think Chrome has this, but I don't like Chrome... o_O