totally locke iPod after donwgrading to 1.1.2, please help me..

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by alex.180, Jan 30, 2008.

1. alex.180 macrumors newbie

alex.180

Hi. I was enjoying my iPod with the jailbreaked 1.1.2. I upgraded to 1.1.3 through the installer. I was not happy with it so I tried to donwgrade to 1.1.2 again. I did the usual jailbreak, the one I did the first time wich is downgrade to 1.1.1, jailbreak it, install oktoprep and then upgrade to 1.1.2. After patching it with the jailbreak.jar the iPod was supposed to reboot, but instead I got that image of the dock connector with an arrow pointing to an iTunes logo. Itunes said that it found an iPod on recovery mode. I restarted the process again and everything was fine. The iPod worked properly on every stage, until I jailbreaked it again on 1.1.2 with jailbreak.jar.
    Now, the problem is that I still have that image of the dock on the recovery mode and iTunes is no longer able to restore the firmware, it says: unknow error (1604) :(
    Do somebody know what can I do?

Thanks in advance

2. phytonix macrumors 6502

you can download iNdependence
    lauch it and it will kick iPod touch out of recovery

google it

3. alex.180 thread starter macrumors newbie

alex.180

done!

I already tried iNpedence but it didn't work because I was on iTunes 7.6. I went then to another computer that never had iTunes 7.6 installed on it. I ran iNpedence but it was not able to kick it out from the recovery mode. I then tried to restore it on that "old" iTunes and it worked.

Thanks for the help :D