Totally messed up my iPhone please help.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MattJ11, Dec 23, 2008.

1. MattJ11 macrumors member

Ok, so i was on 2.2 unlocked not jailbroken. I'm on iTunes 8.0.2 and OSX 10.5.6.

I started having wifi problems today so i tried a restore through iTunes. How stupid was i!?!?!

So now my phone does the "sim card in not right" thing. So i tried using a 2.1 file and use pwnage tool to make an unlocked restore file. That went well. But when i tried to restore from it in iTunes it got so far and then gave an error message. I tried a 2.2 file and pwnage wont accept that so i downloading 2.0 to see if that works.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Read the thread about fixing DFU mode in 10.5.6 and then try it again. If all else falters, use a friend's PC or older Mac to repwn.

3. MattJ11 thread starter macrumors member

All fixed!

just update pwnage tool.

Didn't even fix the wifi :(

4. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

What are the wifi issues? If its under warranty I'd just restore it to Apple's 2.2 and take it into an Apple Store.

5. MattJ11 thread starter macrumors member

Today it just didnt want to connect to ANY wifi connections. This is why i attempted a restore. It seems to be working now. Struggled to get onto the network but its stable now.

Its still under warranty (apart from the unlocking).

Should i restore through iTunes and then slip the sim that came with the phone in?

Thanks

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Not sure why you would be utilizing two different SIM cards, but that's not my area of expertise or familiarity. I've noticed that when I do a restore via DFU mode, I've always had to reset my WEP/Passwords, thereby allowing the WiFi connections to work. The first few connections appeared to be connected, but I would get to forever rotating "gear" and the webpage would never show up. Then I would enter the password and the WiFi would kick-in and everything would be fine.

7. MattJ11 thread starter macrumors member

Well i've unlocked my phone and put a different sim card in (my orange one).

Wifi seems to be working atm but its very on and off. Sometimes it works for a bit and then it doesn't. This happens on a number of different networks.

Its weird how it only started today (may have been yesterday).

Im thinking it may have something to do 10.5.6.

Thanks