Totally missed pre-order (got date wrong)

idealcheese

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
I marked my calendar weeks ago that pre-order began on Oct 27, and was planning to stay up late *tonight* because I didn't want to have to wait until next year to get the X. About 30 minutes ago I checked the Apple Store to see if I could preselect the model I wanted, and found that it was already on sale. WHAT?! Oh, duh...

Anyway, I got 5-6 weeks delivery estimate and honestly I'm not too disappointed. I thought the penalty for not ordering in the first 30 minutes would be worse. It would have been fun to get it on 11/3 but I'm actually relieved I don't have to stay up until 3.

Hope it will be worth the wait, though

Reactions: BrianSoCal

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I marked my calendar weeks ago that pre-order began on Oct 27, and was planning to stay up late *tonight* because I didn't want to have to wait until next year to get the X. About 30 minutes ago I checked the Apple Store to see if I could preselect the model I wanted, and found that it was already on sale. WHAT?! Oh, duh...

Anyway, I got 5-6 weeks delivery estimate and honestly I'm not too disappointed. I thought the penalty for not ordering in the first 30 minutes would be worse. It would have been fun to get it on 11/3 but I'm actually relieved I don't have to stay up until 3.

Hope it will be worth the wait, though
Find to six weeks really isn't that long of a wait compared to what some were expecting and there could be a possibility you could receive it earlier.

Kahsheh

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2016
Haha. I told myself I will not order but set my alarm to 2:45 anyway. Well - the time is wrong as it should be 11:45PT.

Dirtydutch

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2015
Jerseyyy
You monitor apple stores, and make a reservation when their site goes up you'll surely be able to get one way earlier