TotalSpaces for Moutain Lions/Lion, anyone using?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LeandrodaFL, Dec 1, 2012.

1. LeandrodaFL macrumors 6502a

LeandrodaFL

Im curious to sse TotalSpaces in action. Can someone post a video? I've seen pics, but this doesnt convince me to upgrade from Snow Leopard

I particularly would like to see the animation of the "grid" wich appears near the bottom when changing spaces. In Leopard, an arrow would appear, revealing the direction of the path. In Snow Leopard, a whole square moves together from the previows space to the next space. How is it in the animation of Total Spaces? Can you configure it? I prefer Snow Leopard's animation

2. simsaladimbamba

I recently tried OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion again, just for kicks and also tried TotalSpaces (Spaces is one of the reasons for me to no upgrade past Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard). It was okay, I couldn't get it to be triggered with my Spaces mouse button (button 4), and Exposé did not work that well either in TotalSpaces. I could also not trigger going out from "Spaces" like one can in Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard by pressing the trigger again.
    But since ML gave me too much trouble with other parts of its s.h.i.t.e. "i", and did hang during some trivial task, I returned to Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard in less than a day after installing OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion. Maybe I try again in another year, eventually I have to, all my new Mac purchases have been hampered by Mac OS X 10.7 Lion and OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and I am seriously considering a Hackintosh with Sandy Bridge components or refurbished 2011 Macs, if they ever appear again.