Totaly Confused on which instructions to use for Pnnage

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by msmaron, Jul 20, 2008.

1. msmaron macrumors member

I have been looking at IClarified post of pictures to unlock/jailbreak etc here:

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1557

then i see the post where is says the easy ways is to plug in and UPGRADE via Itunes to 2.0 THEN follow instructions!

As a newbie who used Ziphone i am a bit confused as what to use here. The pics on iclarified seem to be good. ANY help i appreciated

m,

2. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

I wouldnt use the jailbreak/unlock on the iphone 3g for another month or two as there are bugs and problems.

3. msmaron thread starter macrumors member

I have the 1st Gen

I have the first Gen Phone... i think this works for the phone that was the impression i got from them in the instructions as per there comment :

"Please note that we have created a 3G version of this tutorial so users of the new iPhone can follow along exactly with the tutorial.

You can find the 3G version of this tutorial: here"

4. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

2g iphone might be ok. I just never get stuff when it first comes out as there are always bugs and stuff that havent been worked out yet.

5. anirudh macrumors 6502

actually the iClarified site is right. Thats what I did. First restored my phone to official FW 2.0. Then it could not find the RIGHT SIM and was thus stuck in the connect to itunes screen. Then run pwnage and you should be ok.

The thing is, as far as I can see, different methods seem to be working for different people. The key is not to lose hope and keep trying. I got mine working after 6 hours ;-)

6. anirudh macrumors 6502

n then proceeded to unlock three other phones in 15 minutes using the same method :eek::D