Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stitch30

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Hello everyone !!

I'm a proud owner of the first generation of iPod Touch (software 2.1) and I have a question regarding Internet over public wi-fi spots.

At home, I don't have any problems connecting to my network and surf the web. But every onve in a while, I get to travel and often go to places where a free wi-fi connection if offered. But I'm never able to connect.

My Touch see the free network, it shows me that it gets the signal (the 3 bars are there at the top) but every time that I launch Safari, You Tube, Mail or iTunes, it tells me that it can't not open the application because I'm not connected to Internet.

I'd like some help on that matter because I'm going on a trip in a few days and would like to enjoy some free Internet at the airport.

Thank you so much for any help.

Stitch

Tragedies

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I'd also like to know a solution for this problem. Ever since getting my first generation iPod touch, I often egt a 'Can't Connect to the Internet' when using Public WiFi areas, or sometimes at a friend's.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.