Touch 2g - a few questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by deejayspinz, Sep 18, 2008.

1. deejayspinz Guest

Ok,

So I took the plunge and got a 16GB Touch 2G. Some questions that may be a bit newb as I have not used the touch interface b4:

1) Wifi - Is there a way to have a quick link (button) to turn wifi on and off? Right now, I have to go to Settings>Network>Wifi and then turn it off. It would be nice if you could 2x click the wifi icon at the top left to turn it on and off.. Any hacks allow this? Or can a wifi button / app be created and put on the home screen that will turn it on/off with a click?

2) Turning the unit off.. How do you know that the unit is really off when the screen is blank? At one pt, I was listening to music and pushed the lock button at the top and the music still played... So, it was not off. So is there a right way to turn it off? Or do I have to pause the music and then click the lock button?

3) Developers Q - I'd like to develop some apps for myself (for starters). I did some reading and it seems that you have to pay for the developer tools.. Any developers here that can chime in. Is there a free SDK & developer toolset that can be used to make apps (Windows)?

Thx!

2. seamustry macrumors member

i think you have to keep the lock button pressed and then do slide to power off to turn off the device.

3. YodaEXE macrumors member

1) If you Jailbreak the iPod (which can't be done yet on a 2G), then you can create an icon like that. Otherwise, no, there's nothing that I know of.

2) Hold the lock button for a few seconds and it'll allow you to power down completely

3) Sorry, no answers on that one.

4. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

3. the SDK is free (not sure about windows) but you have 2 pay for it to be on itunes (50bucks anualy)

5. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

I thought it was $90 annually?