Touch 4g Battery Life - Primarily Music

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ender land, Feb 13, 2011.

1. ender land macrumors 6502a

Hi,

Has anyone used a 4g touch primarily for music? What sort of battery life should I expect?

I would like to think that it would be close to the 40 hours listed (!) but I am quite skeptical even just listening to music that I would be able to get 40 hours of battery life.

All the battery discussion here previously seems to relate to using internet/apps/etc and not music.

2. runlsd, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2011

runlsd macrumors 6502

runlsd

I use my iPod Touch 4th Gen primarily for music.. occasional videos and podcasts. While I can't give you any specific number of hours in battery life, I can describe it as "satisfactory."

Usually use it on my commute to and from work (25-40 mins each way on Mon-Fri), randomly during work while I work in the lab.. charge it may be once a week.

3. jimmie32 macrumors member

jimmie32

I use the iPod touch on weekends when I'm out. It holds up with about 30% charge left at the end of the day for me after roughly 14 hours of music playing, including a few hours of games/web browsing/writing/messing around.

You should be able to squeeze ~30 hours out of it by just music playing and occasional usage. My iPod touch is tethered to my phone (3G internet all the way) and has wifi turned on and working the whole day, and it can get 15 hours aprox.

Expect to hit Apple's battery life rating if you have wifi off, almost never use the screen, just pure music. I think it's good enough... but remember, let your iPod hit the power adapter as soon as you can. You never know if you need it.

4. Harrriet macrumors newbie

Battery life on ipod 4th gen

I dont know how long it should last but it lasts a lot
    Longer with the brighness level very low and if u dont need or cant get wi-fi turn it off. I havent tried this but some people say turning off facetime also makes ur batery last longer

5. Michael383 macrumors 6502a

If you use it primarily for music you should get a good amount of life from the battery on your iPod Touch.

6. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

My iPod Touch Wifi is on almost everytime, well battery life is not that good, many times I have to recharge it in the middle of the day if I use the wifi continuously.

Seriously, iPod Touch battery is just long enough for music playing. Hmm I guess that´s why it´s still called iPod .. WiFi and iPhone majority features are considered bonus

7. caspersoong macrumors 6502a

If it goes on with audible volume with speakers, I expect 10 hours.