Touch 4G + IOS 4.3 = Good Battery Life...Finally!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by HeelToe, Mar 27, 2011.

1. HeelToe macrumors newbie

I was very disappointed when I bought my 4g touch. Battery life was much worse than my 2g. The only way I could get good battery life (multiple days of use) was to turn on airplane mode when I wasn't using it. I brought to the Apple store and they replaced the iPod twice (costing Apple a fortune and me a lot of wasted time). Still no luck - lousy battery life on all three of the touches. Then comes ios 4.3. Instantly much better battery life. I'm getting 3 days plus of life where as I was getting 1 day max before. I no longer have to switch airplane mode on and off!

2. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Not quite.

I am happy that iOS 4.3 has fixed whatever issues you have!

3. HeelToe thread starter macrumors newbie

I stand corrected. You are right. Not a fortune. :) Nevertheless after two replacements plus a few hours of their associates time they may have lost money on the transaction.

4. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

In that time where they lost two replacements, they probably sold another few hundred around the world. A few hundred dollars is absolutely nothing to Apple. It's like you or I seeing a few cents on the ground and just walking past it.

5. Brucewl macrumors 6502

Brucewl

Compare to my mobile phone, I found iPod Touch has better battery.

6. aNYthing24 macrumors member

Quite the contrary for me. I had pretty good battery life with iOS 4.1/4.2.1 but it's a lot worse since I've upgraded to iOS 4.3/4.3.1...oh well.

7. fstlambo macrumors member

complete opposite for me...I can only get a days use then it is at 20%. Before the update I would get easily 4-5 days of normal use. Oh well, guess I can wait for the next update. How do I revert to an older version update?

8. aNYthing24 macrumors member

9. Nega macrumors newbie