Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Original poster
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
Many people have been posting that the Touch 5 doesn't run IOS 7 well. The truth is that IOS 7 runs great on a Touch 5 (I'm a Touch 5 owner running IOS 7). As far as I can tell, all of the post claiming the Touch 5 doesn't run IOS 7 well are by people who own a Touch 4 (or earlier) who don't want to upgrade to a Touch 5 because it doesn't have an A7.

Note - I can see people not wanting to upgrade till the Touch has an A7 but it doesn't justify lying or assuming how IOS 7 runs on the Touch 5.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I don't know maybe there are a few people with 5th gen iPods who are experiencing issues. However I agree. Some people are so obsessed with having the latest and greatest chip that they will see things that just aren't there. The same people who are declaring the original iPad mini as awful due to its poor A5 chip and lack of ram. Yet same people are moaning about the ipad air, having a lack of ram, or about the inferior screen on the retina ipad mini.

You are right about the touch running well on ios7. It is smooth and fluid. No lag. I have a samsung galaxy S4 and my iPod touch 5th gen runs faster and smother than that!

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
imo, Ipad Air/ Mini needs more ram.

Ipod touch 5 can maybe run ios 7 okay, my ipad 2 is okay with ios 7 but not as smooth or quick as Ios 6.

If people with Iphone 5/5c/5s still claming ios7 lags then who are you to justify that it run fine on ipod touch 5 with 2 years spec.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
imo, Ipad Air/ Mini needs more ram.

Ipod touch 5 can maybe run ios 7 okay, my ipad 2 is okay with ios 7 but not as smooth or quick as Ios 6.

If people with Iphone 5/5c/5s still claming ios7 lags then who are you to justify that it run fine on ipod touch 5 with 2 years spec.

I guess we all have our own standards. I have an ipad mini and an ipod touch. In my opinion they run ios7 just fine. I don't have an iPhone 5 or above, but I would probably think that they run fine on ios7 too. I'm sure there are some people with those devices who think they run fine too. Then there will be others who think it is laggy. I don't think it's a black and white issue.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Original poster
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA

I'm not sure of what's different from the iPhone but IOS 7 does run great on my Touch 5. Do you own a Touch 5 and can you claim IOS 7 doesn't run great on your Touch 5 ? I can't believe the number of people who are complaining about running IOS 7 on a Touch 5 and don't even own one.

Superluigi6

Suspended
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah. I have the iPod touch and it runs iOS 7 swell. I sometimes do get errors when doing automatic updates (nothing too bad) and it, every month or so, crashes. But it isn't so bad where it makes me want to downgrade.

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
The only issues I get are periodic Safari crashes and iTunes Radio has lag loading album art when switching songs. I think both issues are due to iOS 7 software bugs and not any incapabilities of my hardware. Everything else is very smooth.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.