touch acting crazy at the gym

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by codyd, May 3, 2010.

1. codyd macrumors newbie

whenever im at the gym running or lifting my ipod touch starts changing songs and the volume pausing and asking for a command. has any one had this problem? i dont know if its the case i bought or the original headphones or any of these. any help would be great thanks

2. celticpride678

3. codyd thread starter macrumors newbie

4. OGDaniel macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel

Shake to Shuffle doesn't work when in Sleep Mode, whether or not the iPod is playing music. And if you have the headphones with the remote you could be hitting some of the buttons accidentally. That happens to me when I'm listening to my podcasts in bed sometimes.

Other than that, the condensation and moistness in the gym, from all the sweat etc., could be affecting something internally although that would be unlikely.

Good luck.

5. Darth Maynard macrumors member

See the recall

A couple of weeks back Apple issued a replacement for headphones with the ipod shuffle that also included the touch. My touch started acting weird. No volume control with the remote, started jumping to voice control, volume randomly going up and down. Apparently, the remote isn't water tight and when sweat gets in there, it freaks. See the article for more info:

http://www.apple.com/support/headphones/replacementprogram/

Maybe this will work for you.

6. diligentgeek macrumors newbie

diligentgeek

I've had the Apple Store near my house replace the headphones with remote and mic at least twice.

The culprit: sweat rolls down the cord and into the remote unit, causing all sorts of problems.

7. trsnrtr macrumors 6502

trsnrtr

I have to be careful while exercising or my Touch will go berserk. It doesn't seem to take much moisture, either.

8. codyd thread starter macrumors newbie

can i still go thru that link since its for a shuffle or do i need to go somewhere else. also i bought my touch from best buy with and extended warrenty do u think they would swap them out. thanks again

9. quantum003 macrumors 6502a

quantum003

Yeah, definitely be careful with your iPod Touch in the gym. A friend of mine killed one just by keeping it in his pocket while working out, the sweat was enough to kill it dead. Apple says the moisture indicator fired and thus is not covered by warranty.