Touch and iPhone different screen construction

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wfuggle, Sep 17, 2007.

1. wfuggle macrumors member

iFixit have posted disassembly of Touch and screen is screwed to surround of glass panel rather than being bonded to it on iphone. Could this be, at least, one reason why viewing is inferior on Touch?

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPod/iPod-Touch/130

OK just read engineer thread so this goes along with it. The ifixit pictures are well worth a look anyway and imply that close application of glass and screen is not happening with Touch

2. Evangelion macrumors 68040

Maybe they screwed the screen in too tightly, causing it to get slightly warped. That might explain the screen-problems. Someone could try to loosen the screws a bit and see if that helps :)

3. spidey1703 macrumors member

Be my guest..... :p

4. Evangelion macrumors 68040

I actually got the idea from my wife. I had installed a NIC on her old computer, but the network-connection on her computer would break up all the time. She then noticed that the screw that holds the card in place was screwed in really tight (by yours truly) and the card was slightly warped due to that. She loosened the screw a bit, and all the problems disappeared.

She figured that out all by herself. I had no idea what was causing the problem.

5. sblasl macrumors 6502a

sblasl

Read all of the post by drvelocity.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1134707

He states:

"I've also recently been made aware that unlike the Iphone, the ipod touch's LCD is not fused to the glass - which would certainly exacerbate the problem of internal reflection. Even the tiniest space between two layers (even if they seem to be laying perfectly flat together) can cause these types of problems."