touch arived..testing for problems?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mrweirdo, Jan 26, 2008.

1. mrweirdo macrumors 6502

Well my ipod touch just arrived from amazon :) However I am a bit worried as it seem to be a week 27 build(john lennon box). I've heard of a lot of screen issues with the older ipods but never paid much attention. Namely negative blacks, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to test it out here?

I want to make sure its perfect before i buy the aps otherwise its going back to amazon ;)

2. DuffBP macrumors member

hello,i got the same touch as you 4 days ago (lennon,47 week) and it has couple stuck pixels...everything other is great (no black issue,problem with sound etc) but im returning it for another tomorrow ;)

3. mrweirdo thread starter macrumors 6502

oh my bad its a week 48 I got the part number confused with the serial by mistake. So i should at least be out of the old builds ;) did it want you to buy the updated aps?

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

The person on the box doesn't say too much about what week it is.

5. stockcerts macrumors 65816

how do you know the week? Mine has John Lennon and it appears to be perfect after one week of ownership.

6. mrweirdo thread starter macrumors 6502

Its in the serial number for example mine starts with a 1C748 the 48 being the week number. At first I though it was in the part number MA627LL/A which was wrong ;)

ah well time to open this bad boy :D after running all around town to get a $15 itunes card to add to my balance towards the update. I cant believe how busy the stores are I wound up going to best buy(with a line around the entire store), then walmart who was out of them, and finally target.

7. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

You can out the update on more than one touch btw.

I've already put it on 2 if my friends touches.

8. stockcerts macrumors 65816

Mine has a 48 in the serial number, but I haven't had any problems. Any reason to worry?