Touch Back For Repair After One Week!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ag227, Nov 15, 2007.

1. ag227 macrumors regular

My hold switch button has started to fail randomly, sometime it will work for 5 times on a time, then other times it wil not work for ages atall, making it pretty impossible to use, or turn off or on! however everything else works great on it, so it was time to put a call through to applecare as the online repair form doesnt actually work!

So i rang the applecare line here in the uk, which was actually Greece (where i now know its not sunny:rolleyes:) and had a 50 minute phone call with the guy on the end about my 'iphone' as he kept revering to it and told me he new nothing about servicing the ipod touch or anything!!

He tried to make me restart it but after the 3rd time of me telling him that i couldnt cos it wont turn on he got the idea. So he then says that i should take it to an apple authorised repair place which isnt possible as they close at 5, over an hours drive away and i dont finish uni till 4 everyday.

After i told him that taking it there wasnt possible, he put me on hold for 10 minutes to go and talk to the head guy at the head office becuase nobody had heard of this problem!

After him coming back i was made to update and restore it, which took ages becuase it had to download the 150mb download as i was stil using a jailbroken 1.1.1. After this didnt make the button magically work he finally got the idea and has arranged for UPS to come and pick it up and sort it out. it should be back hopefully in 10 days he says.

Dont really no why i posted this but i just thought i would because i was bored and wrote most of it when i was on the phone!

On a positive note the guy on the phone was really helpful and although he wasnt doing what i was asking he was trying to make it easier for me and giving me all the help and information he could which i was impressed by.

btw does anybody no the price of the applecare line phone number in the uk? im hoping its not a 50 minute call at international rate to greece... if it is i can honestly say that i wil be after the cost of that call back!!

2. duraace macrumors member

That's too bad. Bad luck I guess. Mine's been perfect for nearly 2 months.