Touch back scratches

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by robertma1, Oct 8, 2007.

1. robertma1 macrumors member

You think Apple would have learned by now how sensitive the material is on the back of the touch to scratching. The iPhone material would have been a much better selection.

I reused the screen cover that shipped on the face of the unit on the back. It works well and even feels better when holding it.

Anyone have idea's on say a PDA screen protector that would fit the rear for when it wears out?

2. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

http://www.shieldzone.com/

3. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

I was surprised when I came to know that the touch's back didnt have the same material which was used on the iPhone.
    I really like my scratch resistant iPhone :)

4. robertma1 thread starter macrumors member

I guess even though it's a $400 product, Apple see's it as disposable and replaced every year :) (half kidding)

Seriously, I do not know one person that likes the chrome back of iPods due to the scratching. I sure hope Apple changes this at some point. They did great with the front.

The invisible shield product appears as full coverage. I don't want anything on the front. I'd pay for a bundle of those apple covers I used.

5. WebbDogg macrumors newbie

I just got my invisible shield today. I bought the full coverage kit. It's 2 pieces so if you didn't want anything on the front you don't have to use that piece.

It goes on easily and they advertise that you can carry your ipod in a pocket with keys and not worry about scratching. I don't know about that. I've babied mine since I've had it for two weeks and still have a couple minor scratches on the back. The shield covers those and they're barely noticeable now.

6. robertma1 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the info. I may get the shield just for the back then.

7. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

can i ask what actually comes with the invisible shield full body version for the ipod touch, i know there are the front and back pieces but does it contain the solution and squeegee ?

also will this fit through my mailbox thing (UK door) as i had ordered mine from play.com and i will probably most likely be unavailable to collect it.

8. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

I would have ordered directly from shieldzone.com, there cheaper and send there items with UPS not royal mail (who are on strike btw), but to answer your question i would expect them to just post it because thats what they do with the dvd's, games and cd's i order from them :)

9. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

thanks for the reply... im in no big rush lol ..... not even got my ipod touch yet ... its ready to be shipped in china somewhere...