Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

karlos4129

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
Hi guys,

I have been using wide angles touch copy to backup some tunes from my touch to create some space and for some reason i decided to try xilisofts' ipod rip, what a bad idea???

basically the software is hideous and has also left me with an ipod then when plugged in charges and is detected in itunes and touch copy but i cant access any of the files.

i am about to do a restore and begin the arduous uploading and playlist creation but before i do i just wanted to know if anyones has had similar experience or could suggest a way to get round a system restore. wide angle i love you, xilisoft die in a fire!

thanks guys and happy new year

karlos4129

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
quick update,

tried the usual reset etc, opened itunes then the ipod basically formatted itself???? i have absolutely no idea why, i then did a restore and got an error message about a pairing error??? strange.

ipod is fine, just have to start filling it up again which will be fun, avoid xilisoft at all costs

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.