Touch Bar Suggestions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dgbarar, Dec 1, 2016.

1. dgbarar macrumors regular

dgbarar

Hi All,

Just setting up my new late 2016 MBP. The touch bar really has limited functionality. It would be terrific if we could define our own functionality. For example, a great touch bar function would be a screen shot. This is not an option. Where can we suggest touch bar functionality to Apple?

Donald Barar

2. deadworlds macrumors 6502a

deadworlds

Press command + shift + 4 and the touchbar should show some options to take a screen shot. Also I believe you can customize the touchbar to display a little camera, presumably for taking screen shots.

3. Karnicopia macrumors 6502

You can add the screenshot to the touch bar. If you go to the keyboard in system preferences you can customize the control strip. Then you can drag the items between the touch bar and the screen. Screenshots is one of the items you can drag in or out. Not full customization I guess but at least you get more options.

4. dgbarar thread starter macrumors regular

dgbarar

Hi Karnicopoia and Deadworlds,

Thank you for your suggestions. They both worked well.

Cheers,

Don

5. terminator-jq macrumors regular

The company Better Touch Tools just released a beta that allows you to create your own touchbar buttons based off of key combinations (something I've been hoping for since Apple first revealed the new Macs). The beta is quite buggy but it does work. Hopefully this is just the beginning of us getting some deeper customization out of the Touchbar so it can actually be useful for work instead of just looking nice.