Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacAffinity

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2014
topdown-touchbar-181120161139.jpg

Hi All,

This week we launched our update to Affinity Designer to include Touch Bar support. We've also just made a new free trial build available which includes the new functionality too if you're lucky enough to have a new MacBook Pro and want to try it out...

More information here: https://affinity.serif.com/blog/affinity-designer-adds-touch-bar-support-2/

Thanks,
Ash

Reactions: Michaelgtrusa

terminator-jq

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2012
topdown-touchbar-181120161139.jpg

Hi All,

This week we launched our update to Affinity Designer to include Touch Bar support. We've also just made a new free trial build available which includes the new functionality too if you're lucky enough to have a new MacBook Pro and want to try it out...

More information here: https://affinity.serif.com/blog/affinity-designer-adds-touch-bar-support-2/

Thanks,
Ash

Nice! Any news on getting Touchbar support for Affinity Photo? I have the trial version right now and I'm really enjoying it (though I do wish it had some of the image render effects like photoshop).

MacAffinity

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2014
Yes, Affinity Photo will get Touch Bar support when we launch v1.5 (also including macros, HDR, tone mapping, batch processing and loads of other stuff). Should be out before the end of the year.

pier

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2009
This is nice and all.

But hey @MacAffinity when are you going to add group isolation mode in Affinity Designer?

This is the biggest reason I can't switch from Adobe Illustrator.

MechaSpanky

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2007
Ash,

You guys are doing a great job! Affinity Designer is awesome and it keeps getting better and better. Affinity Photo 1.5 is great too, I love that you guys added macros to photo (will you add them to Designer too?)!

Mecha

Reactions: Michaelgtrusa

theluggage

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2011
But hey @MacAffinity when are you going to add group isolation mode in Affinity Designer?

Arrowheads (on the roadmap since forever) would be nice, too. I mean, I know that they're deeply unsexy and not needed for drawing psychedelic ice-lolly people, but sometimes life demands boring old plans, diagrams and graphs that kinda need arrowheads...

Reactions: pier

pier

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2009
Arrowheads (on the roadmap since forever) would be nice, too. I mean, I know that they're deeply unsexy and not needed for drawing psychedelic ice-lolly people, but sometimes life demands boring old plans, diagrams and graphs that kinda need arrowheads...

Yes that's another feature that has been asked in Affinity's forums for years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.