Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

r0cki

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 8, 2008
Hello all.

I just bought a Touch today. Connected it, went to iTunes, downloaded the last firmware version (think its 1.1.4). When the progress bar was almost at the end, iTunes frozed up... I waited for over half an hour to see what happened and nothing, then i disconnected the iPod.

Now whenever i connect it via USB it freezes on the USB cable symbol and also freezes my computer. Can't get it to charge or past the USB symbol, can't even enter recovery mode since it freezes my computer.

Anyone else experienced the same problem? Any solution?

Thanks in advance. :)

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
I haven't had this problem with my Touch, but you may want to reset the Touch following these instructions.

At least it's a start. After that, if it doesn't work, may be to delete your iTunes .plist file, which may have become corrupted.

r0cki

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 8, 2008
The red slider doesn't appears when i hold the button, and when i do, it just turns off. If i hold both buttons at the same time it just turns off and when i turn on nothing happens.

Anymore ideas? Thanks for the reply. :)

LeahM

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2008
Just exchange it where ever you bought it. Tell them what you said, maybe theres something wrong with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.