Touch for Christmas?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sjleworthy, Dec 21, 2008.

1. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

not me, got mine a year or so back. but, reading all about peeps here who are dead excited about getting one on Christmas morning kinda makes me want to get one all over again :)

but, being dedicated Touch lovers i presume we're all getting something Touch related over Christmas?

My wife's buying my an iHome - http://www.ihomeaudio.com/gallery_large/10287_25_2.jpg

cant wait

so what are you getting?

2. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

If Santa gives me a touch I'll kick him in the balls.

3. iRyann macrumors regular

iRyann

iPod Touch 16GB 2G :D
    If my folks get me a 8GB i won't open it and take it back on Boxing day and get a 16GB.
    Sounds really spoilt but 8GB would not be enough for me!

4. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Somehow I became addicted to touchscreens. Since I've already got an iPod Touch, my Christmas gift to myself is a Cowon S9. I still like my iPod, but FM and stereo Bluetooth it needs, and I'm not counting on Jobs to allow either.

5. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

i remember last year when i got mine my mom put it in a blender box so i couldn't tell what it was by the size of the box. i was like wtf when i opened it then i open the blender box and got excited. it was pretty funny. but this year i think i'm gettin' an :apple:TV

6. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

7. therealdt macrumors regular

I bought myself an iPod Touch just about the time I started to post here and I was so impreesed with it, I bragged to my lady how great it was. She have an iPod video :rolleyes:, she started to hate her iPod more and more, so I got her an iPod Touch for Xmas.

8. Chain32 macrumors newbie

I'm treating myself to a 16GB 2nd gen. I'm also getting an iHome and case. :D

However,I'm broke after all this spending. :(

But it's well worth it. :apple:

9. harry20larry macrumors 6502a

harry20larry

me

i've got myself an itouch 16gb for christmas, and one of the main reason's I'm getting one is cause of tap tap, simply love that game. My girl keeps complaining how I use all of her battery!

10. Vkrati macrumors newbie

Bought mine after serious doubting (always when i want to buy something :) ) love the 'tap tap' in general, more than the clickwheel. and i wanted flash memory after already screwing up a third and 5,5 gen ipod's harddisk. Happy like a little kid now :) ihihihi!

11. Packersfan27 macrumors 6502

Pretty much everything I ask for for xmas from my parents and familiy was apple or apple related products :p.

-Apple In-Ear Headphones
    -ihome
    -maybe getting an ipod nano 4G
    -using the money I get for xmas and saving up for a mophie battery pack for the ipod touch 2G when it is released

12. bryanc28 macrumors 6502

bryanc28

got $300 bonus cash from work and just bought a 16gb iPod Touch (2nd Gen, of course) and this thing is absolutely amazing. it takes alot to amuse me and this gadget surely does the trick.

my only question is why doesn't apple allow us to replace our own battery? :)

13. 99MustangGTman macrumors 6502

So you have to buy another iPod.

14. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

Its an iPod touch christmas this year. I bought 3 iPod touches (along with iTunes gift cards to help start up their music library) and 1 Xbox 360 (he didn't care much bout music, just gaming). We have no snow but this should still make it a merry christmas ^^

15. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

I wouldn't mind a 2nd gen. I think I'll hold of in hope for a 64GB.

16. Lopez.T.H. macrumors regular

Yup. Bought myself one for Xmas. 16GB 2nd Gen and the Incase Slider case. EPP stores are nice :)

17. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Ugh, I had both generations for a brief period of time. The screen quality varies greatly. The 2st gen had a nice, bright screen. The 2nd gen (I exchanged this a few times, took a look at display models) had a terrible, terrible, terrible screen. They all have this yellowish tint to it. It looks like someone took a piss on it, I'm not even joking. Still, lots of my friends are getting iPod touches for christmas. Some pro-MS dude even asked me if I had a prototype of a new zune device, but I told him it was from apple and he was shocked.

18. sjleworthy thread starter macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

there's going to be a load of happy peeps around on Christmas morning. :)

i'm looking forward to this time next year too. that's when i'll probably upgrade mine.

19. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

The 2nd gen are supposed to have that yellow tint. Apple says it is supposed to give a 'warmer' image quality to pictures. It isn't that bad to return the item.

20. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I've asked for one.... but i'm pretty sure Santa didn't win lotto and i won't get one.

Just in case i've been downloading some free apps to have ready to go!

Enjoy them guys - you are lucky!