Touch & fresh install of Leopard?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by megatronbomb, Sep 10, 2008.

1. megatronbomb macrumors regular

megatronbomb

I'm confused.

I just wiped my iMac and reinstalled everything fresh. I was having a variety of problems.

I've installed iTunes 8, updated my Touch to 2.1, but am noticing that half the apps I have on my Touch aren't showing up in the Applications section of my iTunes library. Past purchases for instance, aren't showing up on my computer and when I click the "buy now" option it doesn't give me the "you've already bought this app, click ok to download again."

So, my question is, how do I get my Touch and iTunes app library synced back up?

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

have you logged into itunes? if you have simply installed itunes and synced without logging into account then it wont check against purchased info.

and your apps wont show in itunes as by the sounds of it you never backed them up and put them back. right click on the touch in itunes and click transfer purchases this will copy them off the touch to the mac.

the itunes library u had synced got wiped when you re-installed leopard. If you do not backup the iTunes settings then when you get back to the desktop and load iTunes nothing will be there...... are you not aware of this? when u reinstall everything gets wiped off the mac unless you back stuff up to an external drive

3. megatronbomb thread starter macrumors regular

megatronbomb

Nice! That worked. I had backed up the purchases that were in iTunes, but I never realized when you make a purchase from the Touch that it doesn't automatically transfer it to iTunes. The manual transfer worked though. Thanks again!